Thursday, September 25, 2008

Greetings Music Store Owners

Greetings music store owners and music retail employees. This is my first of hopefully many successful posts.
To begin with let me explain my mission here. I work in a music store. I personally am not the owner. I work for "the man." Who is actually more like a father to me than an employer. I only hope all your employees can say the same of you if you are an owner of an independent music retail store.
My primary job description is to be the number 1 salesman...a race that is never actually won even if you win every month.
In addition to dollar earner, I handel internal collections for our stores multifaceted rental programs...yes more than one which I will address in later posts...I created the rent-to-own program that ejected our store from little profits to huge profits. Zero to 60 in about two months. I also help create strategies and marketing plans that boost profits even more. I do direct response advertising on the side as well.

But you didn't log on to read about me. This site is not about me, it's about you. It's about all independent music retailers. It's about surviving in the cyber world that has most MSO's (music store owners) terrified. Internet music sites, mail-order catalogs and e-sites and the like are creating panic in the real brick-n-mortar music retail world.
I for one don't see these other institutions as a threat. In fact, they open up a new world of possibilities in the marketing sector. So don't be intimidated or threatened.
The following articles posted on this blog will hopefully give courage through enlightenment. In the articles you will find marketing advice, tips and strategies for beating the crisis that we face.
My mission is to provide high quality marketing advice and strategies that will propel your store into a wind storm of profits. It's possible. It's being done by others and you can do it too. I will show you how and direct you to other resources that will help you even more.
This site and it's information is free to fellow indy music stores. There is gold here free for the taking. You simply have to be willing to do a little work and - at times - challenge your own beliefs and opinions about your strategies and marketing. This site is intended to be a way for indy music stores to reinvent their business and thrust themselves to higher realms of business. More importantly, create new and better ways to make a lot of money.
So spend some time on this site. Read every post. Use what works for your store and post some feedback. Again, this is not about me...this is about us. Your feedback helps us all know what works and what doesn't for your region of the United States. Together we will survive, grow and prosper.

Godspeed to all

FPBS
Noirguy

No comments: